Markus Jaaskelainen is a Finnish-born writer and photographer, Principal of Markus Jaaskelainen Photography.
Markus has a Diploma in Photography from the Photography Institute of Australia. He has studied English, literature and creative writing at Turku University in Finland and has published seven books of poetry in his native Finnish. He lists listening to audiobooks and dog walking as his hobbies.
Markus’ published poetry collections include:
- Ilmapalo (The Balloon) Otava, 2011
- Lentokala (The Flying Fish) Otava, 2008
- Valmis (Ready) Otava, 2004
- Tässä hetkessä, varoittamatta (In This Moment, Without A Warning) Otava, 2001
- Testamentti (The Testament) Otava, 1998
- Siemen (The Seed) Otava, 1996
- Kunnes muuta näen (Until I See Otherwise) Otava, 1994
- Vanhat laulut, nimettömät eläimet (Old Songs, Nameless Animals) Nihil Interit, 1994